University of Zurich.
We are proud and very excited to announce that the Ocular Cell Biology and Keratokonus Research group of Prof. Farhad Hafezi moved from the University of Geneva to the CABMM (Center for Applied Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine) of the University of Zurich per January 1, 2016.
In Zurich, we will continue our international collaborations and our research on:
– Improving current corneal cross-linking technology for progressive keratoconus
– PACK-cross-linking for corneal infections
– Molecular mechanisms of corneal wound healing
– Improvement of current excimer and femtosecond laser technology
– Scleral cross-linking for the treatment of progressive myopia
Our group has identified some of the key elements in CXL technologiy, for example the role of oxygen. For more information, visit our CABMM page here.